Closed ~USD 4.5 billion of Transactions
Projects in Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE
- Very active in Saudi Arabia, advising Nesma Holdings Ltd. (a USD 3 billion company based in Jeddah) participating in the Kingdom’s effort to develop 58.7 GW in renewable energy by 2030.
- Supported due diligence to become investor in the first 400 MW wind IPP by consortium of EDF Renouvelables and Masdar in 2019.
- Successfully led the finance effort for Nesma’s bid submittal, in partnership with EDF Renouvelables and Masdar, for four utility-scale solar projects solicited by the Renewable Energy Project Development Office (REPDO).
- The consortium was awarded the 400 MW solar IPP at Jeddah and has been short-listed, along with another competitor, for the 600 MW solar IPP at Al Faisaliah.
- Leading the financing bid preparation for 2 utility-scale solar projects
- Supporting Nesma in developing finance strategy for projects to be implemented by the Public Investment Fund (PIF) which has the responsibility for implementing 70% of the 58.7 GW target for renewable energy projects.
- Supporting Nesma to develop a finance strategy for its industrial customers in Saudi Arabia.
- Twice mandated to review the current project financial model and documentation for ENEC’s 5,600 MW Barakah Project in Abu Dhabi.
- 5-day comprehensive workshops in Jeddah for National Commercial Bank for 4 years.
- Project Finance workshop for Nesma’s renewables business.
- Project experience in key countries.
- Deep experience in Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, and Infrastructure.
- Intimately familiar with the landscape for project finance in Saudi Arabia.
- Extremely aware of the enormous need for diversifying Saudi Arabia’s access to new sources of project financing.