We have closed around USD 3.6 billion of deals in the Middle East.
- At present, we are active in Saudi Arabia advising a local Saudi Arabian company to participate in the Kingdom’s effort to develop over 58 GW in renewable energy by 2030, including:
- Completed due diligence to invest 30% in the first utility-scale wind IPP.
- Submitted a bid, as a 30% sponsor for 4 utility-scale solar projects that are being solicited in the second round of bids by the Renewable Energy Project Development Office (REPDO). Consortium was selected for one project (in the closing process) and is being considered for a second.
- Preparing a bid, as a 30% sponsor, for 2 additional utility-scale solar projects that are being solicited in the third round of bids by REPDO.
- We also participated in the development and financing for a thermal power project in Shoaiba, Saudi Arabia.
- In the past, our professionals have closed a number of major deals in Iraq, Bahrain, Iran, and Saudi Arabia.
- GPFAC also has been engaged in training National Commercial Bank (the largest bank in Saudi Arabia) with several 5-day comprehensive training programs in project finance and financial modeling as well as a commercial bank in Lebanon.