Closed USD 15.3 billion in Transactions
Experience in nearly 20 countries in Western & Eastern Europe
EUROPE STRENGTHENED BY STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS WITH APEX RAIL AND EIC
- Elysium Solar (2019-ongoing, Germany): On behalf of institutional investors, building a 500 MWp (MW peak) portfolio consisting of ten utility scale PV (Photo-Voltaic) projects. Key responsibilities include (i) securing of sites (agricultural, mining, subsequent uses), (ii) zoning and permitting, (iii) EPC, O&M (Operation and Maintenance) and PPA (Power Purchase Agreement) tendering and contracting, (iv) financing.
- PQ Energy (2013-2019, Southern Germany): On behalf of Blackstone/Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners, development of three simple cycle gas turbine power plants in Southern Germany (2,200 MW in total), including successful optional site securing, re-zoning, environmental permitting, EPC contracting on a term-sheet basis, reservation of electrical interconnection and participation in auctions for capacity contracts with TSOs (Transmission System Operators).
- Globeleq (2004-2015): Active support in building some of the leading energy asset platforms for emerging markets (Board Member, Chairing Audit Committee, Member of the Actis Advisory Board, project specific mandates).
- Sbaszynek (2014-2016, Western Poland): Development of a 40 MW wind farm. Environmental permit granted.
- 70-80 MW Wind portfolio (2019-ongoing, France): Identification and securing of six sites (three clusters) in the French Region “Grand Est”. All sites are within the “Schéma Regional Éolien“ and thereby eligible for CFD (Contract for Differences) contracts with EDF (Electricity de France). Established a financeable development plan and mobilization of the required funds to implement the projects.
- 700 MW Hydro Project (2019, Georgia): Review of technical and commercial obstacles in bringing a 700 MW hydro project successfully towards closing in North-Eastern Georgia. Identification and prioritization of development activities throughout the upcoming 18 months with a focus on early mitigation of major risks (ESG (environmental, social and corporate governance) issues, technical aspects and cross-country related challenges).
- Zero-Plus-Plus-Initiative (2019-ongoing, Germany and Switzerland): Development of a technical and commercial plan to safeguard security of supply and system stability during the energy transitions of Germany and Switzerland. The implementation is based on open cycle gas turbines (emission-free synthetic fuels) in combination with utility scale batteries (Germany).
- WinBis (Financial Close, FC, in 2012, Campania, Italy): On behalf of EGL (today Axpo), development of a 66 MW wind farm until start of construction. Leading all major task streams, including site securing, wind measurements, environmental permitting, electrical interconnection and EPC contracting (22 Vestas WTGs). Commercial concept based on green certificates and market proceeds.
- Sparanise/Rizziconi (Commercial Operation Date, COD 2008 Italy): Development leader of two 800 MW CCGT projects with long-term tolling agreements and EPC contracts with Ansaldo and construction oversight.
- La Zarza (FC 2006, Estremadura, Spain): On behalf of EGL, development of an 8 MW PV plant, including environmental permitting. Project sold to institutional investors following granting of the construction license.
- Turbomach (1997-2002): Area manager for gas turbine-based CHP (Central Heating Plant) projects in Germany, Turkey and Eastern Europe. More than 3,000 MW worth of units sold (5-25 MW per unit).
- Development of project financing for several FPSO (Floating Production Storage Offtake vessels) projects in the North Sea out of U.K. in conjunction with ABB and the Fred Olsen group (Norway).
- Financing of Waste-to-Energy plants in Italy arranged for ENEL.
Strengths in Europe Include:
- Solid team and experience with leading organizations.
- Strengthened by strategic partnerships with EIC and Apex Rail.
- Deep knowledge experience of Rail transportation.
- Additional capability in Project Development in Europe.